Re: 'static' command with 'dns' keyword posted 08/22/2002

RE: 'static' command with 'dns' keyword----- Original Message -----
From: gary.quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: 910t@xxxxxxx ; security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 6:57 AM
Subject: RE: 'static' command with 'dns' keyword

That's a good question and I'm not completely certain of the answer without
labbing it up (which wouldn't be a bad idea).

CCO is a little sketchy about Transparent NAT for your example exactly.  My
guess is that "fixup protocol dns" and the "dns" keyword on the static is
enough to accomplish resolution of the DMZ web server.  It looks like Cisco is
distancing itself from use of the "alias" command.

[Mas] Indeed. Also with the nat (outside) capability.

Again, a test lab would be the best idea.

[Mas] Don't I wish...for want of a 515...

Regards,

Mas Kato
https://ecardfile.com/id/mkato