From: alok [mailto:alok.dube@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 1:13 AM
To: Eric Van Tol; juniper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: L3 VPN/Route reflector architecture [9:2119]

Hi Eric,

i just re read ur question.....

it wont work...coz u wont be able to distiguish between the overlapping
address spaces and hence the "VPN" to which their packets belong...
the RD is used to distinguish route, the MPLS header to distinguish
which
VPN the packet belongs too... so the header is needed...hence u need
MPLS in
the core...

rgds
Alok