RE: BSD [9:691] posted 10/12/2001

tcpdump is the only thing we use the shell for. Juniper are gradually
introducing cli commans which remove the requirement to use the shell.
Maybe sometime in the future non-root user ID's will have shell access
removed. It's probably a judgement call as to whether shell access
causes support pain and thus removal of access to the shell would have
some fiscal benefit.

Dave Humphrey

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Juniper Beginner
Sent: 12 October 2001 03:39
To: juniper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BSD [9:691]

I know that Juniper is based off of BSD and rides off of it.  I also know
that you can even access the BSD shell.  I guess I'm wondering why you would
do this?
What would you be doing in the BSD shell if you were to access it?  Not just
for fun I suppose?

JB

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp
http://www.groupstudy.com/list/juniper.html