RE: BSD [9:691] posted 10/12/2001

There are some useful troubleshooting tools available from the shell, but
that should really only be used under the guidance of a Juniper technician.
Also, some of the current commands that are available through the CLI were
not available in some of the previous versions (it is nice to have CLI
versions, though).  These can still be run from the shell, but there is no
reason to do so if there is a CLI counterpart.

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Juniper Beginner
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 8:39 PM
To: juniper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BSD [9:691]

I know that Juniper is based off of BSD and rides off of it.  I also know
that you can even access the BSD shell.  I guess I'm wondering why you would
do this?
What would you be doing in the BSD shell if you were to access it?  Not just
for fun I suppose?

JB

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp
http://www.groupstudy.com/list/juniper.html