ASA [7:132069] posted 07/26/2008

Hey Guys,
Where I am currently working we are using ASA 5520's... We have 2 of
them and one is currently used for Site-to-Site VPN tunnels and
employee VPN connections and the other is used to inspect internet
traffic. I have been giving the OK to change things so, with that
being said...

I want to combine the 2 roles of the ASA's into one device and
configure them for fail-over (The CPU load never goes above 5%)...
Now, the question is whether its more common for Active-Standby or
Active-Active? What is the industry standard? I can configure them
either way and we have gigabit switches which will allow the active-
active to work just fine...

Also, I will be responsible for installing VOIP soon and it would be
nice that if that one of the ASA's failed we wouldn't lose any calls
or any of the current connections (Active-Active).

So if anybody has any experience with this, I sure would like to get a
little feed back on what the current best practices are!!

Thanks!

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=132069&t=132069