RE: 2800 series routers back to back [7:131946] posted 07/15/2008

What part do you want to know about???  If you have serial links (WIC-1T or
WIC-2T) they make short DCE-DTE crossover cables from a variety of places.
( is a good one as I recall, but I'm sure others will
provide a list).

If you have a WIC-1DSU-T1, you'll need an RJ45 T1 crossover cable.  You can
make your own by crossing the 1-2 pair with the 4-5 pair on the other end.

Once these are up, you can run PPP, HDLC, Frame Relay or whatever you want
over them.

Scott Morris, CCIE4 #4713, JNCIE-M #153, JNCIS-ER, CISSP, et al.
Senior CCIE Instructor

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
Toll Free: 877-224-8987
Outside US: 775-826-4344