From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:00 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 100basefx SFP issue [7:131854]

Another thing to look for is mismatched fiber.  While some will claim that
50 micron fiber is backward compatible with 62.5 micron fiber (MMF), I have
had strange issues like you describe when for example the jumper cable is
62.5 micron and the riser fibers are 50 micron (or vice-versa).  This may
not be your specific issue, but it is worth spending a few minutes to verify
that everything is the same end-to-end.

HTH,
Jim

Message Posted at: