Re: OSPF area 0 question [7:131756] posted 07/01/2008

Hi Daniel,

an ABR won't put in its routing table an inter-area route learned from
another ABR though a non-backbone area. I think it may flood the LSA in
the area anyway, I am not sure.

Anyway this will break all inter-area communication because the ABR
won't be able to route packets destined to other areas.

Intra-area communication won't be affected as the inter-area flooding
will work fine.