Re: OSPF area 0 question [7:131756] posted 07/01/2008

Hi Daniel,

an ABR won't put in its routing table an inter-area route learned from
another ABR though a non-backbone area. I think it may flood the LSA in
the area anyway, I am not sure.

Anyway this will break all inter-area communication because the ABR
won't be able to route packets destined to other areas.

Intra-area communication won't be affected as the inter-area flooding
will work fine.

Bye,

Dino

Daniel Tsay (dtsay) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask a question and hopefully someone can help.
>
> Regarding the area 0 in the OSPF, I know that the area 0 is needed it.
> What about if I don't configure area 0, but just only area 1 or 2. Can
> it still communicate between those two areas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=131771&t=131756