Re: OSPF area 0 question [7:131756] posted 07/01/2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Georgecooldude  wrote:
> Without area 0 nothing will work. Area 1 - area 1 will not talk. area 1 -
> area 2 also won't work. Try it in the lab and see.

What?  Of course area1 - area1 will work.  Intra-area communication
will work fine if the connection to the backbone is severed.  If your
network uses only area 1, I'm pretty sure it will work fine, until you
want to add an additional area.

And yes, I tried it in the lab.  4 routers in a star, no area 0
anywhere in the network, and all routers can communicate.

Fred

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=131764&t=131756