Site to Site VPN [7:131026] posted 04/22/2008

When using GRE tunnel for site A to site B connections, is it always
necessary that the different sites  belong to separate network segments.
Here is my scenario.
I have two sites which were originally connected by trunk links.
Both sites  have identical VLANs but for some reasons site A and site B can
no longer use the trunk links.
There is an internet connection on both sites. I am thinking of using GRE to
connect both sites but I use to think GRE works easily when site A and site
B belong to different network segments.
May be i am wrong. Any ideas on how i can handle this situation will be
appreciated.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=131026&t=131026