RE: VPN - IPSec over TCP on PIX vs ASA - both ver 8.03 - [7:129666] posted 02/05/2008

Bah!  Real men use debugs!  ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Radioactive Frog
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:48 AM
To: Andrew Larkins
Cc: Andrew Shin; mdestienne@xxxxxxxxx; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VPN - IPSec over TCP on PIX vs ASA - both ver 8.03 - strange
problem only working on PIX and not ASA - UDP works on both!

Config looks same, no issue with it.
The only advise I can give you is to mirror a switch port which is facing to
the router or WAN port and capture the traffic. That will give you some
Also have you considered upgrading /downgrading the IOS? I don't think it is
a IOS bug as this important function must have been tested in the Cisco lab
before they released the software.

Also have you tried using Object based policy?