RE: Multihomed and Default routing [7:128360] posted 11/29/2007

One way to do it is to accept a single large aggregate from both ISP's and
then point your defaut route to it recursively.  allow them to advertise an
aggregate they own like 12.0/9 and then redistribute "ip route 0.0.0.0
0.0.0.0 12.0.0.0" into your IGP/iBGP and use it to tweak your exit path.
One the one hand you get only two default routes and on the other hand you
still get dynamic failover. IE: when 12.0.0.0 dies so does the now invalid
default route.

HTH,

Keegan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186
> a0080093f2c.shtml .. just need to add in the default
> configuration...
>

> Josh

> The information transmitted is
> intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed and may
> contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
> retransmission,
> dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon
> this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is
> prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
> contact the sender
> and delete the material from any computer.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=128371&t=128360