Re: BSCI/CCIE Written - Misc. OSPF Questions [7:128310] posted 11/28/2007

On Tuesday 27 November 2007, brian gifford wrote:

> 2. The BDR doesn't send Type-2's as well, right?  In an area with 3
> routers, 2 of which are ABR's, wouldn't only one of them (the DR) be
> sending Type 2's?

Just to clarify things a bit: even if an ABR can be a DR, the ABR and DR
roles are totally disjointed. One is related to /areas/, the other is
related to /multiaccess networks/. Therefore, saying "an area with two
DRs" is confusing at least.

(Your sentence above seemed to suggest that a multiaccess network equals
an area. Of course, I'm sure you know the difference; I just wanted to
explicit it).

Regards

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=128341&t=128310