RE: STP and channel group [7:123009] posted 07/02/2007

Thanks, Steve. That's very helpful. I think all of those approaches have
great potential.

And, Howard, regarding CID: well, you can be a bit belligerent but I've
never seen you be rude! So that probably helped a lot.

Priscilla

Smith, Steve B wrote:

> I would say first of all try not to dread talking to them. This
> in
> itself can cause anxiety and make the rudeness worse. If they
> do get
> rude try and look past their insecurity, which is spawning the
> rudeness
> as a defense mechanism, then try and understand what they are
> really
> trying to convey and not focus on the context they are
> conveying it in.
> If that does not seem to work you have, in my opinion, two
> tricks left
> in your hat. One is to joke about there rudeness. You know a
> little
> "well somebody is having a case of the Mondays" or Ouch, do ya
> fell
> better now pumpkin? The other thing I have used is just flat
> out tell
> them that they may not have to like you as a person or even
> agree with
> your opinion but they must respect you as a human being and you
> will not
> converse with them on any topic until they can do that. If they
> are a
> facts type person them just say lets meet up on this at X date,
> you get
> your facts, I'll get mine and we will figure out which best
> fits the
> situation. If that does not work lay the smack down on them
> then tell
> them to know their roll and shut their mouth! LOL J/K of course.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Steve

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=123105&t=123009