Re: find a IP with only the port/mac [7:118872] posted 03/13/2007

Hi David,

Assuming you dont' know in which switch the end device is attached to,
and assuming the switch/ the router where the device is attached to is
a cisco device, I would proceed like this:
1. telnet the router or the switch at the remote site.
2. sh cdp nei det
3. telnet the switch/ the router where the port fa0/41 you mentionned
locates (by picking its address from the sh cdp nei det)
4. sh ip arp 000f.b006.afb5