From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Fred Damstra
Sent: 01 March 2007 21:52
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 'show isdn status' and 'show isdn active' don't agree
[7:118441]

In case it helps anybody else, I'll post update on this:

First, I see what Andrew was referring to; From the Cisco website, some
documents say that 'show isdn active' will display all calls made in the
last 15 minutes.  This must vary between IOS versions, because it most
certainly does not apply to Cisco 2600's running 12.0, 12.2, or 12.3.

Whatever the case, this is a bug in 12.3(21).  Even when we physically
disconnected the ISDN line from the router, the 'show isdn active'
continued to display calls, and the 'seconds used' continued to
increment.  When I checked today, it claimed over 70000 seconds used on
5 separate active calls (quite a trick, since there's only one BRI
interface0.  The other side showed no active connections.

Today, I upgraded the router to 12.3(22), and this bug has been
resolved.  I'm hoping I won't find new ones in this version.

Fred

On 2/28/07, Fred Damstra  wrote:
> 'show isdn history' keeps records for 15 minutes.  'show isdn active'
> is only supposed to show the currently active calls.  Further, the
> "seconds used" counter is still incrementing, even though I can verify

> by checking the other end that the call is not connected.
>
> Fred
>
> On 2/28/07, Andrew Larkins  wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Last I checked, the "show isdn active" keeps records for 15 minutes
> > friom when the call was dropped and then clears them.
> >
> > Andrew

Call(s)".

> > I imagine it's an IOS issue, but I'm curious if anybody's seen it
> > before.  IOS is 12.3(21).
> >
> > Sanitized output:
> > Client#sh isdn active
> > ----
> > --------
> >                                 ISDN ACTIVE CALLS
> > ----
> > --------
> > Call    Calling      Called       Remote  Seconds Seconds Seconds
> > Charges
> > Type    Number       Number       Name    Used    Left    Idle
> > Units/Currency
> > ----
> > --------
> > Out   ---N/A---     xxx5426     hq     4099                      0
> > Out   ---N/A---     xxx5426     hq     3762                      0
> > Out   ---N/A---     xxx5426     hq     1766 Unavail   -          0
> > ----
> > --------
> >
> > Client#sh isdn status
> > Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
> > ISDN BRI0/0 interface
> >         dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
> >     Layer 1 Status:
> >         ACTIVE
> >     Layer 2 Status:
> >         TEI = 85, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State =
MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
> >         TEI = 84, Ces = 2, SAPI = 0, State =
MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
> >         TEI 85, ces = 1, state = 5(init)
> >             spid1 configured, no LDN, spid1 sent, spid1 valid
> >             Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 71, tid = B
> >         TEI 84, ces = 2, state = 5(init)
> >             spid2 configured, no LDN, spid2 sent, spid2 valid
> >             Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 70, tid = B
> >     Layer 3 Status:
> >         0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
> >     Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
> >     The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000003
> >     Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0
> > The information contained in this message and or attachments is
> > intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and
> > may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
> > retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
> > action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
> > other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
> > this in error, please contact the sender
and
> > delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=118459&t=118459