eBGP through PIX Question #2 (static policy nat) [7:116248] posted 12/12/2006

If I do a static policy NAT on the PIX between two eBGP speakers, can I
still authenticate them?

i.e.,

access-list R1R2 permit ip host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2  (r1 loop to r2 loop)

static (inside,outside) 2.2.2.1 access-list R1R2 norandomseq

It seems that the "norandomseq" is not working for me, because when I remove
the "neighbor password" command on each side, the peering establishes just
fine (otherwise, they stay stuck in ACTIVE).

Is "noradomseq" not supposed to work in a static policy-nat scenario?

Thanks,

Ed

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=116248&t=116248