what happens to a packet when a link fails over? [7:116006] posted 11/29/2006

My question is that when a packet goes through a router and is encapsulated
into a frame which is passed onto a WAN link. Lets say we have 2 frame
circuits (one of which is backup), if a packet is on the way to circuit-1
and the circuit drops. Does the frame enter a queue on circuit-1 interface
and is then forwarded via circuit-2, or is it just dropped and retransmitted
via the backup circuit?

Sorry about the question, just trying to think deep..

Thanks in advance

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=116006&t=116006