From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 9:08 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: On-Call Rates [7:114792]

here on call rotation is part of the job, luckily it's more of a liaison
when I get paged, I call whoever needs to be called, mail admin, server
admin, I'm the net admin

last place I was at there was a $100 bonus incentive for carrying the pager.
2 guys hogged the on call rotation for an extra $2600/year in salary.

place before that, any time over 45.5 hours was comped.

--

now where on this thread.  for tracking time, when do you start the clock
after the page comes in?

I usually start when I leave the house, since I would not be normally
driving into work on off hours.  and stop the clock when I am done.
I have to go home anyway so I don't count the drive home.

good thread!

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=114883&t=114792