From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Abel Aberra
Sent: 17 September 2006 01:07 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: distance command for EIGRP [7:113679]

Is it possible to "tag" the external routes at the distribution point
(because when the routes are redistributed from Static, BGP, OSPF, IGRP,
etc... into EIGRP a route-map can be assigned to the redistribution
statement to tag the routes) and then at some other point in the network
change the distance with a route-map matching on the tag?

Just throwing it out there... I know I'm a little rusty right now but I
though I remembered doing something similar a long while back.

Thx,

-Abel
On 9/16/06, Acer0001  wrote:

> Ben -
>
> You are right. I kitted a config up for the situation you have stated
> and I can't find a way to exclusively single out external routes. I
> thought that maybe a route-map could be applied at the redistribution
> point, but if I remember right, AS is assigned at the local router
> only and not carried to other routers. I would agree that all routes
> are changed with the distance eigrp command.
>
> I used 2811s with 12.4 adventerprise images.
>
> John
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=113718&t=113679