Re: Cisco VoIP and Meridian 81c integration [7:111590] posted 07/11/2006

You really want a QSIG trunk, if you can get it. You'll want to be running a
recent version of Succession to get all the QSIG bug fixes. In CallManager,
enable QSIG Path Replacement. We're in the middle of exactly this sort of
integration, but I'm not a Nortel guy so I can only be a little help.

John

On 7/11/06, Russ Uhte  wrote:

> Hey guys...
>
> Hoping some one here may have a little nortel meridian experience.
> I'm being meet with a little resistance from Verizon (our current
> solution provider for phones)
>
> We are building a brand new facility which is due to open Q407.  We
> are strongly considering a pure Cisco VoIP solution, but the execs
> want to see a pilot here in our old facility.  The network side is no
> issue.  However, Verizon is obviously bidding a tradition PBX system
> for the new facility, so they don't really want to help us with the
> integration.
>
> I think I have all the information I need to program our meridian
> switch, but nobody has really been able to give me a solid answer on
> which type of card I need in the switch.  My understanding is that I
> just need a PRI circuit coming out of it.  I'm not a PBX guy, but that
> sure doesn't seem like an extremely difficult request :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Russ

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=111592&t=111590