Re: Recommend a CCIE switching study guide? [7:107815] posted 03/16/2006

I second that recommendation. I built a solid LAN switching foundation
with Clark Kennedy's "Cisco LAN Switching." Most of the technologies are
still very relavent. I augmented those studies with Frahim, Froom, and
Sivasubramanian's book for newer technologies. Lastly I studied
enablemode's R&S study guide prior to the test.

Marc

Daniel Cotts wrote:
> pad
> CCNP Self-Study: Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN), 3rd
> Edition By Erum Frahim, Richard Froom, Balaji Sivasubramanian.
> ISBN: 1587052199; Published: Jul 18, 2005
>
> The Hucaby book is now in its third edition.
>
> Do you have the first edition of "Cisco LAN Switching?" It certainly is
> useful - keeping in mind some of the information is dated. It may be
> available used.

Clark
> and Hamilton). Most technologies presented in that book are still relevant,
> but for the sake of preparing for all topics and IOS-based configurations
on
> the current written and lab, this book is marginally helpful.
>
> I used Hucaby's CCNP-Switching book (Oct 2003) for CCNP, and know it
> inside-out now. I like that it's all IOS based and 100% applicable to the
> CCIE exam as well.
>
> The updated CCIE - Cisco LAN switching book isn't due out until July. Can
> anyone recommend an equivalent text that can serve as a study guide? Much
> appreciated.
>
> Don.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=107825&t=107815