From: Donald Damoniri [mailto:ddamoniri@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:38 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Recommend a CCIE switching study guide? [7:107815]

Hi all. As I prepare for CCIE (R&S), I'm discouraged to find that the latest
Cisco Press CCIE switching book is 6 years old (Cisco LAN Switching by Clark
and Hamilton). Most technologies presented in that book are still relevant,
but for the sake of preparing for all topics and IOS-based configurations on
the current written and lab, this book is marginally helpful.

I used Hucaby's CCNP-Switching book (Oct 2003) for CCNP, and know it
inside-out now. I like that it's all IOS based and 100% applicable to the
CCIE exam as well.

The updated CCIE - Cisco LAN switching book isn't due out until July. Can
anyone recommend an equivalent text that can serve as a study guide? Much
appreciated.

Don.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=107816&t=107815