RE: Naming conventions [7:107646] posted 03/14/2006

What about using airport codes?  That is what I have seen at many
clients.  The airport code is generally three characters.

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:28 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Naming conventions [7:107646]

The problem I have is a global metwork with multiple sites in some
countries, so I need a country identifier, a city identifier, an
equipment identifier, an equipment location and an equipment function. I
want to keep it as short as possible to make telneting easier and I want
is to be
recognisable at first glance....   (all things to all men)John Neiberger
wrote:

> I agree. It's "cute", but it doesn't scale well.

> AM >>>
> Yeah just don't do that crazy mainframe/Unix thing of Pluto, Mars, the

> Moon, Snoopy! Man I hate seeing that crap. OK I feel better now. ;>

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and/or protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the  sender and then delete it.  Thank you for your compliance.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=107656&t=107646