RE: Naming conventions [7:107646] posted 03/14/2006

The problem I have is a global metwork with multiple sites in some
countries, so I need a country identifier, a city identifier, an equipment
identifier, an equipment location and an equipment function. I want to keep
it as short as possible to make telneting easier and I want is to be
recognisable at first glance....   (all things to all men)John Neiberger
wrote:

> I agree. It's "cute", but it doesn't scale well.

> AM >>>
> Yeah just don't do that crazy mainframe/Unix thing of Pluto,
> Mars, the
> Moon, Snoopy! Man I hate seeing that crap. OK I feel better
> now. ;>

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=107653&t=107646