Re: GigE testing. [7:107233] posted 03/02/2006

I have been in a similar spot and ended up using IPERF
http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/#whatis
Using windows OS i could only generate about 450+Mb, with Linux OS (Knoppix)
was able to generate full gigabit of traffic.
I did have to use a dell 2860 poweredge server w/dual xeon processors so
hardware would support high levels of traffic as lesser hardware would not.
(dell poweredge 1750 single P3 800 MHz, dell sx 270 mini 2.8GHz P4-so I'm
not sure about using a laptop)

http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=107289&t=107233