Re: Recertifying [7:106369] posted 02/01/2006

I know I have to take the tests to certify again, since I let them lapse.  I
wanted to know what I will need to do to recertify them next time they are
getting ready to expire.  I ws going to factor that into whether I would
pursue the CCDP and CCVP.  It sounds like its worth certifying and taking
the CCIE written to reup them.

Thanks for all the answers.

On 2/1/06, Kevin Wigle  wrote:

> The way I read your post, you are doing your certs "again".
>
> Therefore I assume that they have expired.
>
> I think all the posts missed that point.
>
> If that is the case, the CCIE written will not re-certify them, they are
> dead.  You need to do the whole track again for each.
>
> The CCIE written will only re-cert "current" certifications.
>
> Also, getting a CCIE doesn't confer any of the professional certs on you.
>
> You have to get the pro certs, then any CCIE written will re-cert them
> when
> the time comes.
>
> It will also re-cert specializations but specializations need to re-cert
> after 2 years and the pro stuff after 3 years so that would mean you would
> have to do a CCIE written every 2 years if you wanted to keep everything
> or
> every 3 years if you care about the pro certs.
>
> Kevin Wigle
> CCSP CCDP CCNP

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=106405&t=106369