Frame relay & DSL [7:103053] posted 09/27/2005

Boy o Boy Verizon has me confused...

We are a DSL reseller.  Our customers DSL circuits are ATM to the CPE.
They come back to me on a DS/3 frame circuit.  All of the DSL circuits
that are 1.5M/384k are perfect.  However, the 3M/768k circuits don't get
  even close to the 3M over a 1MB download.  I definitely see it burst
to 3M, but it doesn't sustain that rate for much longer than a second.
Generally the average is about 1.3Mb.

Verizon told me that my UBR rate needed to match there's.  I told them
this was a frame circuit.  Am I wrong, or is there a way to set a UBR on
a frame circuit?

Just for SNG's I create a frame relay class map as shown below, but it
didn't change the behavior at all.  I applied this to the serial
interface, and also enabled frame relay traffic shaping on it.  Am I
missing something obvious?

map-class frame-relay threemb
  frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn
  frame-relay cir 3145728