Re: virtual router concept on Cisco router [7:102334] posted 08/30/2005

> You cannot import nor export in between VRFs to my knowledge. They are
> totally separate.

	This is not correct. You can import routes into VRF, as well as export
them. ( However, if I'm not much mistaken, for this to be possible, MP-BGP
must be running on the box where you need this functionality. )

	Example:

ip vrf vrf1
  rd 1:1
  route-target import 1:1
  route-target import 1:2
  route-target export 1:1
!

ip vrf vrf2
  rd 1:2
  route-target import 1:2
  route-target import 1:1
  route-target export 1:2
!

	This will make VRF's vrf1 and vrf2 have pretty much the same routing tables
- and it will work.

	Concept of importing/exporting routes is essential to what Cisco calls
"central services vpn".

Marko.

Message Posted at:
http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=102354&t=102334