Re: Aironet 350 Problems - VoIP over 802.11b [7:60552] posted 08/02/2005

Forget the wireless link between the buildings.

Call in a cabler and have schedule 40 conduit run between the buildings.
Run multimode fiber to connect the 2 locations.

VoIP is VERY sensitive to drops.  VoIP over wireless is a perk and a
convenience NEVER a primary solution.

Things like wireless IP phones ( Cisco 7920, Spectralink et...) are not
meant to replace hardwired IP phones.

The QoS mechanisms are just not the same.

If you are bridging 2 segments you could experience one way audio - this is
not a full duplex connection.

I would reconsider the wireless approach.

REMEMBER; phones are an "in your face" technology.  CEO's an VP's ALWAYS
know when the phones are out.  Nothing gives the network group a bigger
black eye than when there are VoIP issues.