RE: DS-3 card [7:98158] posted 04/01/2005

It should be noted that the modules you mentioned are for ATM. Does the
lower-end 2600 series also now support the NM-1T3/E3 non-ATM modules?

John

>>> Bill Creighton (wcreight) 4/1/05 11:18:45 AM >>>
The 3745 is the strongest box that the DS3 card is available for

The 2600 Will support the card per released documentation (URL below)
(with min. 12.1(2)T Plus and 48Mb DRAM)

The 3845, as a new platform, has not been fully tested with the DS3
interface, it will be supported soon.

As for DS3 line rate vs. Ethernet - Priscilla, please back me up, but
there is significant overhead (headers, encapsulation, etc.) associated
with a TDM/serial link as opposed to Ethernet - that is why comparing
bandwidth on those types of interfaces is like apples and oranges...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet
09186a0080091b9e.html

HTH

Bill Creighton