Re: SSH behaving like what it sounds like [7:97164] posted 02/25/2005

John Neiberger wrote:

> 10:29:06 AM >>>
> >So we finally got an IOS that does Secure Shell (wouldn't you
> think all
> >versions would do it!?!) and now we're having a hard time
> getting it to
> work.
> >
> >The examples in the 12.3 docs only talk about SSH on the
> console line.
> >

>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fse
> cur_c/fothersf/scfssh.htm
> >
> >We want to allow it via VTY of course.
> >
> >Any configuration snippets you could share? Thanks,
>
> All that's necessary to get SSH to work is to configure a host
> name and
> domain name, generate your crypto keys, and then allow SSH as a
> transport on
> the line in question. In your case, that would look like this:
>
> hostname po-router
> !
> ip domain-name po-is-cool
> !
> line vty 0 4
>  transport input ssh
> !
> crypto key gen rsa
>
> And that's about it!

Cute. Thanks, John. So, do we also need a username and password?

Sorry if the questions sound clueless. I'm hearing about the SSH problems
second-hand from a student. Hopefully if he continues to have problems he'll
get some debug output so I can ask for help more effectively. :-) THANKS.

Priscilla