Re: enabling signatures on a 4210 [7:96684] posted 02/04/2005

I think it just takes some time to enable/disable signatures...  The 4210 is
an older model so it takes a long time.  I went away, made a sandwhich, play
a game of table tennis, and when I came back it's ready...  To enable all
the signatures might take over night, especially since they just keep adding
signatures...  Your best bet is to enable only the signatures you need,
disable the rest...  For us that was using the default, turning on all the
worm/spyware ones, disabling the common dhcp, RFC1918 and icmp sigs...
Everything is working fine now...  Go make yourself a sandwhich, that's what
I'm saying...