Re: VTP Server mode or client mode? [7:96621] posted 02/03/2005

In newer versions of code, you can achieve sub-second HSRP failover by using
the msec keyword on your timers...  Dwiddle as desired.

RSTP can be sub-second, both on link loss and sub-second upon restoration.

interface Vlan64

  ip address 10.0.64.2 255.255.254.0

  standby 64 ip 10.0.64.1

  standby 64 timers msec 500 msec 1500