RE: EIGRP K values [7:96367] posted 01/24/2005

See the following:
Look under EIGRP Metrics.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Evans [mailto:pzdevans@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 4:34 PM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: EIGRP K values [7:96367]

I'm trying to understand what the K1 K2 K3 K4 K5 values actually
represenet in the formula:

metric = [K1 * bandwidth + (K2 * bandwidth) / (256 - load) + K3 *
delay] * [K5 / (reliability + K4)]

Do each of the K values have a defined significance or are do they
only have values determined by the network admin. The formula I
comprehend, but since there doesn't seem to be any meaning given to
the 5 K values on Cisco's website I'm feeling a little lost.