From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Russ
Uhte
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:37 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Newbie Wireless Question [7:95793]

Marko Milivojevic wrote:
>>So, on a 54 Mbps system, that number truly is the maximum raw data
>>rate for all combined traffic on that access point. Is that a correct
>>statement?
>

>     If I understand how those things work, it's not only on that AP, but
> within range of any other transmitting device, be it on that AP, or the
one
> next to it. I might be very very wrong about this, though...

This all depends on how your channels are spaced.  If your channels are
properly spaced, the traffic on 1 AP will not affect the traffic on
another AP.  For example, if you have 1 AP on channel 1, and the next
one on channel 6, they can both operate at their full bandwidth.
However, if you have an AP on channel 1, and then one right next to it
on channel 2, there will be interference across the frequencies, and you
will definitely notice a slow down on both devices.

-Russ
---