RE: Regarding the Redundancy of links at core rout [7:95811] posted 01/06/2005

Hi,
I don't know what the Cisco design guide says, but my experience on a large
Branch type network with Branches connecting to distribution routers in a
core site says separate LL and ISDN routers.  My reasons are that it is very
unlikely that you will lose a distribution router but you may well lose
multiple LLs (especially if using FR or channellised E1/E3 ccts on
distribution routers).  When this happens it is very confusing on the
console if you have one router doing both LL and isdn, as console messages
are flying everywhere, especially if you have intermittent E1 connections
with multiple LLs going up & down and simultaneously ISDN connections
kicking in and then dropping out.  I find it much easier to know what is
happening if you split the LL messages and the ISDN messages across two
different distribution routers.  Anyway thats my tupence worth.
Alan

This email is for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received
by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender
by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

Internet Emails are not necessarily secure.  Ulster Bank Group / Royal Bank
of Scotland does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message
after it was sent.