RE: Booting up a 2501 fails - need advice [7:95102] posted 12/12/2004

R TeBeau wrote:

> I changed the config register to 0x040 rmon and swapped out the
> boot rom's again. This time it booted to the rmon mode under
> the 11.x boot rom, but when I changed the confreg to boot from
> the boot rom it hangs.
>
> System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c)XB2, PLATFORM SPECIFIC
> RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
> Copyright (c) 1986-1998 by cisco Systems
> 2500 processor with 4096 Kbytes of main memory
> >o/r 0x2101
>
> System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c)XB2, PLATFORM SPECIFIC
> RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
> Copyright (c) 1986-1998 by cisco Systems
> 2500 processor with 4096 Kbytes of main memory
>

> I am thinking this is a config register problem.

Also to note on this, I am not able to break with the 11.x boot rom's now. I
probably would have to power off, install the other boot rom's, power up set
the config register to rmon then power off and replace the boot rom's again
to get it back to that point.

What are the chances that these new boot rom's are incompatible with the 1M
onboard (built in) memory? If so one would think the old prom's would be. I
think's it's time to start shopping for a replacement....