  From: Bruce Enders
  To: Albert Zosa
  Cc: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:11 PM
  Subject: Re: voip question [7:94164]

  Albert,
  I am struggling to understand where this call originates and where it is
supposed to terminate. Also, I am assuming that you are connected to the
international end of a domestic PRI located in the US? I assume that because
of the Switch-type 5-ESS. I am trying to imagine under what circumstances a
phone in the 213489 area code and office code would be dialing a 1213489 to
get to the same area code and office code. If you could describe where the
call originates and where you are trying to terminate the call that might be
helpful. It sounds like you are attempting to do something similar to
hairpinning (calling into and out of the same switch with one call), which I
assume is for testing purposes.
  Also, what happens when someone tries to call in to this VOIP system across
the PRI?
  The disconnect cause code of 80AF appears to indicate the router is
reporting that the requested Quality of Service for the call setup is not
available. The bearer capability of 8890 seems to indicate you are requesting
a 64k ISDN channel while A3 seems to indicate a-law encoding.  Since I don't
see any VOIP dial-peer statements I don't know what Codec statements exist.
But, if you are using the defaults, I think it will force the connection to
u-law encoding, (domestic USA) not a-law encoding.  This would result in a
codec mis-match, and most likely terminate the call before it ever gets
started. Make sure both ends of the call are set for the same voice encoding
format. I am thinking that one end of the PRI is connected to a switch
looking
for a-law, the other end is looking for u-law.
  Let me what you find out,
  Bruce

  Albert Zosa wrote:
Hi Brian,

  Can you receive an external call though this configuration?  My
experiences
has been, that whenever you get a fast busy on outbound dial, it is a
destination pattern issue.  Have you bothered to do a search on cisco.com
see if this is a common error, or if you have it configured correctly?
    I already have check cisco.com for documentation and related problem but
it
did not found something similar to my problem.

Here's my destination pattern
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern .T
 translate-outgoing called 123
 no digit-strip
 direct-inward-dial
 port 4/1:15

And i tagged all calls as international as what my telco partner want it,.
translation-rule 123
 Rule 0 ^0 0 ANY international
 Rule 1 ^1 1 ANY international
 Rule 2 ^2 2 ANY international
 Rule 3 ^3 3 ANY international
 Rule 4 ^4 4 ANY international

Here's my error
Oct 27 05:29:44: ISDN Se4/1:15: RX   DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x0044
*Oct 27 05:29:44:         Cause i = 0x80AF - Quality of service unavailable
--
Bruce Enders              Senior Consultant - Voice Services
Chesapeake Netcraftsmen   HO (410)-280-6927