RE: Network rack [7:92764] posted 09/14/2004

I suppose you are referring to a two post telco rack aka relay rack as
opposed to a rack (cabinet). A two post rack still is impressive in size.
Several suggestions: (a) Buy a telco rack and cut it down to a reasonable
size. As soon as you do that you will determine that you really needed the
extra height. Chatsworth sells a wheel set for their racks. (b) Check out
music stores / web sites for musician's equipment racks. Think of small
cabinets with casters. Check the GroupStudy archives for posts. I recall
several posts with vendors names and prices. They seemed quite reasonable.
The cabinets can be easily moved. I would suggest buying rack mounting ears.
They are cheap. They keep everything in place.
Here's some cuts from old posts:
http://www.newtoninst.com/
http://www.marsmusic.com
http://www.guitarcenter.com
http://www.cabbagecases.com/rmount.htm
http://www.hardigg.com/home.htm
http://anvildealer.com/
ATA flight cases. http://www.atlascases.com/atagallery.html
or
http://www.americase.com/Flite.htm
or
http://www.soundonstage.com/CalCases/products.html
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop/home/010201080620063168193003284192?p
id=450238
Its just a small 8U that they charge 14.95 for. They work great.
I use these guys for ATA cases and racks. http://www.caseman.com Buying a
good rackmount or Anvil case is like money in the bank.
http://www.techrack.com
thanks to all, got it ordered and on the way.  i ended up getting it from
musiciansfriends.com and it was 20 + 5 shipping.