Re: PIX 525 vs FWSM [7:89433] posted 06/10/2004

Traffic from the internet would still pass through a 525 before hitting our
core. My concern is that now instead of haveing to defeat 3 layers of
firewall to get to the sensative networks now all that is required is to
defeat the fwsm in the core switch which would replace the firewalls between
the DMZ and the user networks and the user and sensative networks. I suppose
I'm wondering if this configuration with the FWSM is a good idea compared to
what we currently have in place or if it ammounts to six of one, half dozen
of the other.

Thanks
Don Kanicki