Confused with OSPF load balance concept [7:89341] posted 06/08/2004

Greeting,

Load Balance means that OSPF will balance the load on the number of paths
automatically, anyways I have set on my lab six equal paths.
I did extended PING command with total of  1MB , the repeat count was 666
and the datagram size was 1500 Byte , (i.e. 666 * 1500 = near 1MB)

the Bandwidth I set was 64000Kbps,

Time needed for the data to be transferred = Data Size / Bandwidth =
8000000/32000 = 250 seconds = 4.16 Minutes

the time this ping consumed to complete was exactly the same if only one
path were exist!

with the availability of Six paths , the time was 4.16 Minutes and with the
availability one path , the time was same (4.16 Minutes)

the only thing happened that the 1MB were balanced on the whole six paths
i.e.  0.2 MB was the input packets on each serial.

I thought that the transfer time will be 4.16 Minutes / Six paths which it
equal to 0.69 Minutes (41.6 Seconds)

why the time did not decrease when I set Six equal paths?

Thanks to every one
Ismail

*****DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it were scanned
and guaranteed to be free from any virus infection and are confidential and
addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company. Please notify the sender if you received this email by mistake.
******