Bandwidth Limiting... [7:87237] posted 04/14/2004

Folks,

I have a 2MB leased line from Head office to a remote site. I know that this
is over the top for our requirements and is not particularly cost effective.
I want to reduce the line capacity but before doing so I am trying to verify
our actual requirements. I have been running WAN bandwidth monitoring on the
line for a period of one month and am pretty certain that we will get away
with half the bandwidth - However I would like to see this for real before
commiting to the reduction. Is there any way for me to restrict use of the
line to 1MB using some form of QoS. I was under the impression that QoS
would only work properly where there is congestion present, and in my case
there is not.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Derek Walsh