From: lost in space [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 1:11 PM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OT: Watchguard Firewall Cert Exam [7:86817]

Dear Experts,

Has anyone ever heard watchguard firewall?
They told me they were the pioneer of hardware-based (appliance) firewall.
It is mostly being used for SMB market.

Anyway, my company is in the process of becoming WSP (Watchguard Secure
Partner), and like usual we need to be certified, one in technical and one
for sales. I get to be certified in technical, and I have had triple attempt
and i didnt make it. It was an online, 2 hour, 100 multiple choice exam, and
an open book exam and yet i still fail after the 3rd attempt.  I am so
ashame with this, even for ccie lab it only took me twice to pass the exam.

I have had a few days playing around with the box before, i have the manual
book, and i also have the demo (simulation) version of the configuration
software. I believe i almost pass on my last attempt, but it turns out i get
less than the passing score which is 80 % (They didnt let me know my result)

I know i didnt take this exam seriously since its free and its an open book
exam, but my question is has anyone taken and pass this exam? i just want to
know what are the materials being used to pass this exam? if anyone has done
this, please share it with me.

One thing for sure, i will not give up and i will pass this exam, and this
is a reminder for me that i still have to learn a lot of things.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

RD