Re: NOC setup-Inputs reqd [7:86048] posted 03/19/2004

Hi SS

Have a look on these:

-mrtg
-rrdtools
-netflow and ntop
-tacas+ (there is a free Linux version)
-syslog server
-SNORT and mysql
-Syslog and Sawmill log analyzer
I would recommend you to build a solution on top of Nagios.

Have not yet identified a decent solution for Syslog. The best Syslog server
I have ever seen  is Kiwi's Syslog server.
Have not yet identified a decent solution for SNMP traps and event
correlation.

I would be glad to hear some opinions about possible solutions for the last
two issues (Syslog and SNMP traps).

HTH
Cristian (a linux fan)