Re: Clocking [7:85691] posted 03/11/2004

Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:

> Why would the clocking on the frame-relay circuit to the processing
building
> have anything to do with the clocking on the T1s to the branch offices?
> Maybe I'm not understanding your configuration correctly. Are they all
using
> the same interface or something?
>
> Clocking is a per-circuit configuration. So the fact that the Frame Relay
> circuit is going away shouldn't have any effect on the T1s and shouldn't
> tempt you to change their configs in my opinion. If it ain't broke, don't
> fix it.
>
> It is odd that you are doing internal clocking at the 3640 central
location.
> What are these "private T1s?" Usually the provider provides clocking, eh?

   When connected to a frame switch, DCE device, you clock off the line
since the switch provides clock.   On every dedicated T1 I have ever
worked on one router provides clock the other clocks off the line, the
provider doesn't clock dedicated T1's. Not in Oregon for sure :)

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"