Re: Update OSPF through a PIX firewall [7:85436] posted 03/05/2004

I like your KISS approach!

However, when  RouterA has many public(class B) discontigous networks behind
it and router B is the ISP who also have issued the rest of the class B
network to other clients, don't we need more than just a default gateway?

In fact very soon there will be a time when you will have to use inter
departmental firewalling.  If pix is used, what do you do.

The PIX will participate in OSPF, however, just wanted to know how it works.
Let me know.

"we must be in the business of delivering networks, and not a bunch of nodes
connected with wires and some times gas, these days"