BGP Dampening [7:84273] posted 02/12/2004

Hi Group,

I am having trouble understanding BGP Dampening in the context of a certain
question in one of my lab practice books. The question states:

"Configure BGP such that if a routes flaps more that twice in 60 Minutes it
will be dampened".

I understand the basic principals of BGP Dampening...but I'm having trouble
calculating how to garauntee that if it "flaps twice in 60min" it will be
dampened. If I don't know when the route will flap, how can I garauntee that
I am covering this requirement?

Dain Deutschman
Data Communications Manager
New Star Sales and Service, Inc.