RE: Routing loop [7:84050] posted 02/09/2004

As someone else already mentioned, the route must originate from
somewhere, and a router isn't going to originate a prefix that doesn't
exist. If you're seeing it, then some router somewhere is advertising
it. Try doing a "clear ip route *" on your routers and see if that
helps. You've probably already done this, though.

What model are these routers? And what version of IOS are you running?
I'm beginning to wonder if you're seeing a bug, and a directly connected
route that used to exist is still being advertised.

John

--
>>> "TorZI-I/Brian Dunbar"  2/9/04
11:08:01 AM >>>
If the Subnet existed somewhere wouldn't one of the routers show the
source?
Each of these routers (in production) show each other as the source of
the
route when I do
show ip route x.x.x.x EIGRP learns it from router A go to router A and
type
show ip route x.x.x.x it learns from another of the 6 eventually it
will hit
back to the first router.