RE: SNMP Info... [7:84032] posted 02/09/2004

Not sure if there is.  The IN/Out counters are continually rising because
they are read only SNMP variables. Theres no way of resetting them. So what
I used to do I write a script that snmpget's the In/Out values and stores
them in a table. Every time the script runs it compares the previous amount
of octets with the current and if it is above my defined threshold it sends
an email. This effectively does the same thing you are asking. You can even
archive your logs for future notice.

You can also do this by fiddling with MRTG as well if your comfortable with
Perl scripting.